Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TasteCasting :: Fat Sully's

Yum. Yum. Yum. Tonight's TasteCasting at Fat Sully's was awesome. We both love a good (really good) New York pizza and we found it here tonight.

***TasteCasting Special***
$2 off any large 1-topping pizza.

The crust. The dough is made here daily by the guy below. He is a dough genius, creating that perfect crispy, chewy fold-it-in-half-to-eat-it crust. Fat Sully's crust is perfect (which is why I am sitting here now, completely overstuffed - I couldn't stop eating it).

Neapolitan Pizza ($11.95 for 12"/$16.95 for 20")
Mike:: This was about as "New York" as it gets...not in New York. This pizza was amazing. It had a perfect crunch on the outside with a chewy inside. The sauce was great, and the granulated garlic on the table made this irresistible.
Leigh:: I really loved this pizza. With a good New York style, this is the way I like it - no toppings to get in the way of the fresh tasting sauce, melty cheese and perfect crust. perfection.

the slice are huge! this piece makes a standard paper plate look tiny.

White Pizza ($12.95 for 12"/$17.95 for 20")
Mike:: Very earthy. The toppings included basil, tomatoes, and ricotta cheese. This pizza or "za" as they call it at Fat Sully's was incredible.
Leigh:: I'm normally a big fan of white pizza (when I'm not in the mood for traditional red) but this one had a lot of pepper in it and that threw me off of the creamy ricotta flavor I look forward to. Also, the addition of fresh tomatoes and basil to the top was a very nice, earthy touch.

Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza ($14.95 for 12"/$21.95 for 20")
Mike:: Carnivore's dream. I am usually not much of a sausage person on pizza, but I will be the first to admit this was the best sausage I have ever tasted on a pizza. The pepperoni added a little spice to the mix.
Leigh:: I'm not normally a fan of pepperoni or sausage but both on this pizza were very good. Again, they seemed very fresh and flavorful - not the typical processed flavor of these meats on other pizzas.

Hawaiian Pizza (half with jalapeƱos. half without)
Mike:: Of course I went with Jalapenos because I have never had them on a Hawaiian pizza before. I must say that I am sold. The jalapenos added a good spice that was mellowed out by the Canadian bacon and pineapple.
Leigh:: This was good. I opted for the traditional Hawaiian side and enjoyed it. I usually order pineapple as my topping of choice on non-New York style pizza.

Nutella Calzone ($7.95)
Mike:: Pretty much just imagine a pirouline cookie with molten hot innards and a warm cookie. It was great. The nutella was in great company with a healthy dousing of powdered sugar.
Leigh:: What a unique dessert idea! The hazelnut in the Nutella coupled with the fresh, so good dough was a really sweet treat for the end of the meal.

1 comment: