Thursday, June 25, 2009

TasteCasting :: Via Baci

Via Baci is south of Denver in Lone Tree - I was really excited to find a great new spot in our new stomping ground!

***TasteCasting Specials***
Just mention “TasteCasting” and use one of these specials:
- Lunch/Dinner Offer: Buy One Pizza or Pasta, Get One Free.
- Lunch Offer: $5 off with any $20 purchase. Valid M - F before 4pm
- Dinner Offer: Free Appetizer or Dessert with the purchase of two entrees. Valid after 5pm

Mike couldn't make this TasteCasting, so unfortunately you only get one point of view this time.
I was a little late and did not get photos of the first few dishes before they were devoured but thankfully I did get to try the Burrata. I found and borrowed someone else's photo :
This amazing dish is fresh mozzarella (that they make in house every morning) filled with creamy ricotta and served with baci herb bread. It is fantastic! (being the comfort food lover that I am, mozzarella and ricotta are two of my all time favorites so maybe I'm biased but I thought this dish was heavenly).

Tuna Salad ($12.99)
Leigh:: This salad was good, not one I would order (Mike would love it) but I liked it. It had a heavy olive flavor which I generally am not a fan of.

Prosciutto E Rucola Pizza ($13.49)
Leigh:: This one also was good, but not a favorite. I generally like a more simple pizza where I can really taste the sauce, cheese and spices. The toppings on this pizza were large and made taking a graceful bite a bit cumbersome. The arugula gave the pizza a very earthy taste and the tomato sauce (made purely of sea salt and crushed tomatoes grown in the Vesuvius Valley) was very fresh and tangy.

Chicken Bianco Pizza ($13.49)
Leigh:: I really liked this one. It had great pesto flavor and a good variety of oven roasted chicken, house-made mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes (some of my favorite things!). The only note on this dish is that it is sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes (not listed in the ingredients on the menu) which gave it an unexpected kick. I would order this again but ask them to leave the pepper flakes off.

Pumpkin Ravioli ($14.49)
Leigh:: This dish was very good but quite sweet. The pistachios on top and the rich brown butter sauce provide a nice contrast to the sweet pumpkin filling.

Bolognese ($11.99)
Leigh:: Via Baci makes all their pasta fresh in house and it shows with the wide pasta in this dish. The tomato sauce is the same that they use on the pizza (made from the Vesuvius Valley tomatoes) and is quite good.

Lemoncello Proseco Float ($5.99)
Leigh:: I'm not a drinker but this was quite good. The alcohol content was pretty strong but the lemon flavor was great. Very refreshing end to a meal it that's your sort of thing.

Classic Tiramasu ($4.99)
Leigh:: This dessert (as it should) had strong espresso flavor - it was a good, classic tiramasu. Rich. Velvety. Indulgent. I loved the touch of raspberry sauce that accompanied the dessert. I'm not sure that I've ever had that combination before but I really liked the berry flavor with the espresso.

Via Baci is a little more expensive then we would usually venture for an any night meal but they also have some great specials to make your experience an even better deal! I signed up for their Postcard Club and received a coupon for $10 off my next meal just for signing up! Also, they offer:
2 for 1 Pizza - Monday nights after 5pm (dine in only with the purchase of 2 beverages)
$40 Family Meal - Saturdays, 1 salad, 2 pizzas, 2 drinks and 2 bambino meals
Kids Eat Free - Sundays, 2 kids per paying adult, 9 & under
50% Off Wine - Tuesdays and Thursdays all day
Appetite Stimulus Menu - Monday through Thursday for lunch

Tavola for Two? - Saturday Night, a 3-course dinner for two. Only $52.80 and includes a bottle of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment