Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vine Street Pub & ???

The Mountain Sun & Brewery in Boulder has been one of our favorite places to go to eat after a long, strenuous hike. We were very excited to hear that they were opening another location at 17th and Vine St. in Denver. The Denver location (Vine Street Pub & ???) has been open for just over a year now, and is just as delicious as the original two in Boulder! We decided that now that we have this food blog, it would be as good as time to give it a formal review.

Jalapeño & Avocado Soup ($2.25/cup)
Mike:: this soup sounded like it was right up my alley. It tasted very good, as it had smokey taste along with a slight bite from the jalapeño.

Nachos (this is the 1/2 order $6.75, full order $8.75)
Mike:: these things are amazing!! all kinds of goodies cover them: corn, black beans, cheese, diced jalapeños, and sour cream. you can also add sliced chicken
Leigh:: These nachos are really really good. Very simple, but very good. The only problem is that when we get them, I can't finish my burger.

Mushroom/Onion Swiss Burger ($6.75+roasted garlic mayo)
Leigh:: Since I don't need the bacon on my burger, I go for this version of the Junk Burger. The meat itself has so much flavor (all-natural, vegetarian-fed, Colorado beef) and the sautéed mushrooms and onions accompany it perfectly. Adding the roasted garlic mayo to any of their burgers is a must! It's outstanding. I usually opt to not sub fries to save a buck (and then steal a few of Mike's).

The Junk Burger ($7.95+extras)
Mike:: the best burger I've ever tasted...the "Junk Burger." This baby comes loaded with bacon, your choice of cheese (I go with pepper jack), sauteed mushrooms, onions, tomato, lettuce, and a roasted garlic mayo. I also choose to add diced jalapeños and get it cooked medium rare. Amazingly, even with all of the stuff on it, you can still taste the perfect flavor from the 1/3 pound beef patty! I also substitute fries (for $1) instead of the chips that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment